In areas where the compaction capacity of the roller is not high, the roller with lower line pressure and flexibility can be used. To achieve the compaction effect as soon as possible, a large-tonnage road roller can be used to shorten the construction period.
The selection method of the road compactor:
1. Select a road compactor according to the project quality requirements:
1) If you want to obtain a uniform compaction density, you can choose a tire roller. The tire-type road roller does not destroy the original viscosity of the soil during rolling, and the soil layers have good bonding performance. Plus the front wheel can swing, so the compaction is more uniform and there will be no false compaction.
2) If you want to make the road compacted and leveled, you can choose a full-drive road roller.
In areas where the compaction capacity of the roller is not high, the roller with low line pressure and flexibility can be used.
To achieve the compaction effect as soon as possible, a large-tonnage road roller can be used to shorten the construction period.
2. Choose a road compactor according to the thickness of the layer:
1) When rolling asphalt concrete pavement, the weight, amplitude, and vibration frequency of the roller should be selected according to the paving thickness of the mixture. Usually, on thin layers with a thickness of less than 60mm, it is better to use a small vibratory roller with an amplitude of 0.35-0.60mm of 2-6t, so as to avoid the phenomenon of stacking, wave, and damage to the aggregate;
2) At the same time, in order to prevent the asphalt mixture from being too cold, rolling should be carried out immediately after paving. For thick layers with thickness greater than 100mm, large and medium-sized vibratory rollers with high amplitude (up to 1.0mm) and 6~10t should be used.
3. According to the road type (grade):
1) For the first- and second-level national trunk roads and special roads for automobiles, a large vibratory roller with a high compaction capacity of 6-10t should be used; It is good to be equipped with a flexible vibratory roller of about 2t.
2) For cement concrete pavement, tire-driven tandem vibratory rollers can be used;
3) For asphalt concrete pavement, full-drive vibratory rollers should be used;
4) For the bottom layer of high-grade roadbed, it is best to use tire rollers or tire-driven vibratory rollers for compaction to obtain uniform compactness;
5) When repairing the road surface, a static-action smooth roller can be used.
4. Choose a road compactor according to the type of pressed material:
1) For the compaction of rock fill, a large-tonnage road roller should be used to displace large blocks;
2), for the compaction of clay, it is best to use a bump tamping roller;
3) For the compaction of the mixture, it is best to choose a vibratory roller so that the large and small particles can be evenly blended;
4) For deep compaction, heavy-duty vibratory rollers should be used for slow rolling, and for shallow layers, static-action rollers should be used.