The road roller is suitable for various compaction operations by virtue of the gravity of the machine itself so that the rolling layer is deformed and compacted.
There are two types of road rollers: drum type and tire type.
According to the classification of grinding wheels, there are smooth grinding wheels, groove grinding wheels, and sheep foot grinding wheels.
Smooth grinding is widely used, mainly for road compaction.
Using mechanical or hydraulic transmission, it can compact the protruding part centrally, and the compaction flatness is high, which is suitable for the compaction of asphalt pavement.
What are the safety control points for road roller operations?
(1) When the roller starts, pay special attention to the front, rear, left, and right conditions to ensure that there are no personnel and obstacles;
(2) When the road roller is working near the edge of the embankment, the necessary safety distance should be maintained according to the height of the embankment. When rolling a mountain road, roll from the inside to the outside;
(3) Pay special attention to the roller not to climb steep slopes. When going uphill, change gears after braking. When going downhill, it is strictly forbidden to slide out of the gear;
(4) When two or more units of road rollers work at the same time, the distance between them should not be less than 3m, and when driving in a row on the ramp, the distance between them should not be less than 20m;
(5) The vibratory roller starts and stops the walking of the vibratory roller;
(6) The adjustment of the reversing clutch, starting clutch and brake should be carried out after the main clutch is disengaged, and fast gear should not be used during sharp corners; it is strictly forbidden to adjust the vibration frequency before starting to vibrate.
When the roller starts the engine, pay attention to the position of the shift lever (neutral), the accelerator handle is in 1/4 gear, and the roller engine can only be started from the driver’s position. After the engine is started, it should be properly warmed up, usually for 5 to 10 minutes. At the same time, observe the instrument to ensure that it is normal. Then release the handbrake, depress the clutch carefully before shifting, make sure it is fully disengaged, and stop shifting when it is half disengaged and half engaged. When the clutch is released, the speed should be released slowly to reduce or avoid the influence of the instantaneous time on the inner gear of the gearbox, affecting its service life and safety.